Mechanical Engineering Major Advising
- All Mechanical Engineering students are assigned to advisors in accordance with the Advisor List. Please refer to the ME Spring 2019 Faculty office hours.
- Mechanical Engineering faculty advisers assist students with questions related to Upper Division major courses, elective courses, and career guidance.
- Request for Adjustment of Academic Requirement form should be used by undergraduate students requesting an exception to an academic policy or regulation. For more information please refer to the Office of Advising and Evaluations.
The Master Plan is a summary sheet of course requirements and it provides an advising record for mechanical engineering students.
- Students must send the Master Plan electronically to the ME Department Office before the end of the 9th week to receive credit in ME 102 and enroll in ME310, 490A, and 490B.
- Transfer students must file the Master Plan before they can be considered for major status.
- If a Master Plan is not filled as required above, students will not be allowed to register in subsequent ME classes.
- Pre- and Co-Requisites will be enforced according to the catalog.
- Students are strongly advised to have the completed Master Plan reviewed and signed by their Faculty Advisor before planning to take technical electives.
- Ensure all ME and GE requirements are met for graduation
The Academic Advising Center can help you:
Understand graduation requirements
- Develop an academic plan
- Evaluate transfer credit
- Choose or change a major
- Plan your next semester's schedule
- Satisfy mathematics and writing competencies
- Remove probationary status to avoid disqualification
- File for graduation
The Academic Advising Center is located in Student Services West- 1551 (North of Aztec Center)
- Lower-division engineering students
- Pre-engineering major students
- Newly admitted students (including transfers)
- Course Planning
- GE Requirements
- Introduction to Master Plans
- Early Steps to graduation
- New Student/Transfer Help
PACES is located in the Engineering bulding (E-221B). Please bring your Degree Evaluation and your Major map.