ME 499 Special Study

ME 499 (Special Study) is a course in which you do an independent research project with a tenured/tenure-track Faculty Member. You will be working in the laboratory of the Faculty Member as opposed to taking a lecture. For the list of the faculty members with whom you can work, please visit the ME Faculty Page. You cannot do an independent research project with an ME Lecturer. As part of the ME Curriculum, you are permitted to do one 3-unit ME 499 course. The first step in the process is for you to contact one or more faculty members in the list to discuss the possibility of doing such a project with them. It is, of course, best to contact someone who has been an Instructor in a course you have taken and done well. If you are in the BSME with bioengineering emphasis program, the ME 499 independent research project must lie in the bioengineering area. If a faculty member agrees, and you are excited with the project, you will need to fill out this form and return to the ME Office. You will be issued a schedule number to enroll in the course after the completed and signed form is submitted to the ME Office.

To learn more about the research interests of each faculty, please visit our Research Overview page.