- Monique Offord participates in the fifth Saint Louis University's 'Real' Elevator Pitch Competition on December 4, 2016 in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Center for Sensorimotor Neural Engineering (CSNE) receives a 5 year funding extension.The
Center was initially funded in 2011 at $18.5 million for 5 years with SDSU getting
~2.5 million over the same period of time. In 2015, NSF extended funding for a further
5 years at an additional ~15 million. SDSU researchers will bring about $2.25 million
of that to SDSU to support research, eduacation, and outreach programs until 2021.
ME faculty Dr. Samuel Kassegne, Dr. Parag Katira, Dr. Karen May-Newman, and Dr. Kee Moon are Principal Investigators in the NSF Engineering Research Center for Sensorimotor
Neural Engineering. Partner universities are the University of Washington and MIT.
- Mechanical Engineering department is sad to announce that mechanics community lost
an outstanding scholar and well-known SDSU faculty, Dr. Stephen Corteen Cowin died peacefully on Wednesday, October 19, 2016. His obituary is published in the Journal of Biomechanics.
- Dr. Eugene Olevsky, and his work regarding flash spark plasma sintering, was featured in an article
for The American Ceramic Society. You can read the article online on the ACS website.
- On August 20, 2016, one of our esteemed professors, Dr. Randall German, retired from our department. Dr. German is now a emeritius faculty. A reception
was held on August 23 for students and collegues to commemorate Dr. German's accomplishments
during his time here at SDSU.
- Mechanical Engineering graduate Austin Owens is the inaugural recipient of the Zahn Spirit of Innovation Award. Owens will be working
for Space X, a space exploration company. At SDSU, he was the founding President of
the Mechatronics Club which won the first prize in the 2015 competition of the Association
of Unmanned Vehicle Systems International.
- Congratulations to Dr. George Youssef on being awarded a 2016 Office of Naval Research (ONR) Summer Faculty Fellowship.
-ME Professor, Dr. Kee Moon is one of the PIs on a $10M NIH award entitled "Building Capacity and Infrastructue for Population Health and Health Disparities
Research at San Diego State University".
- Congratulations to Dr. George Youssef who has been selected as one of the 2016 Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Ralph
R. Teetor Award winners. SAE Ralph R.Teetor Award
-Dr. Fletcher Miller's research work featured as cover article in American Scientist.